Thursday, July 4, 2013

HYSTERIA TAKES OVER MADHOUSE POETRY PROJECT

Hello Everyone--

The past two weeks have certainly been filled with their own special brand of madness, but I'm here to report that the initial Poetry Project that I started when I began my adventure with HYSTERIA has reached a following of 600+ people on Twitter today. Talk about true insanity!

So true to my word, I'm here to give you a taste of the muse herself. Tonight, I give you a patient that cries herself to crazy. A patient that can't distinguish fact from fiction, reality from fantasy.

Remember, madness lives inside of us all.
It's just a matter of finding it, and knowing how to keep it hidden.

Stay Scared,
Stephanie M. Wytovich


Patient Sorrow

In the corner she wept,
And when I asked her name,
She looked at me,
             Eyes wide in question,
             Reflecting the coolest of blues
             Like a wave at high tide
And she whispered my name,
Her lips moving in sync with mine,
Her tears streaming down my cheeks

We were in unison
The broken half to the whole
Two pieces
            That found each other
            Locked away in the asylum
            Trapped in the mind’s fog
Where we tried to ignore, tried to forget
That nurses can become patients
When madness has no prejudice to its host


For more madness, check out HYSTERIA: A Collection of Madness:
http://www.rawdogscreaming.com/books/hysteria.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

September Madhouse Recap: Mabon, Spooky Reads, and Fall Wellness

Hello friends and fiends– Thanks for reading Stephanie’s Substack! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work. We started S...