Wednesday, January 31, 2018

SPEND WOMEN IN HORROR MONTH IN THE MADHOUSE

Tomorrow kicks off #WomeinHorrorMonth (WIHM), and this year, I’m doing a blog series that discusses gender, race, and sexuality through the scope of the horror genre. I’m going to be chiming in here and there with some of my own thoughts and opinions, but you’ll also be hearing from a handful of women and men who would like to further the discussion and open a dialogue about how and why we talk about certain topics in our writing.

Confirmed guests (so far) will include: Lucy A. Snyder, Tiffany Scandal, Ashley Davis, Leza Cantoral, Shane Douglas Keene, Larissa Glasser, and Michelle Renee Lane.

I'm very much looking forward to this, and if you're interested, you can follow along here at: http://stephaniewytovich.blogspot.com/. I'll be sharing posts and updating my blog weekly, if not more, and I'm hoping that we all ask questions, share our thoughts, check our bias, and educate one another in a respectful, kind way.

I also encourage you to follow the discussion happening over at http://www.womeninhorrormonth.com/, too. Get involved. Say hello. And most importantly, use your voice to tell the stories that you want the world to hear. 
 
Before we dive in and start tomorrow, I invite you to write down the last five books (or stories/poems/essays) that you've read by female authors.  For me, it's: The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler, Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes, The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware, Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi, and You'll Be Okay: My Life with Jack Kerouac by Edie Kerouac-Parker.
 
Also, for those interested in my last WIHM series, you can check out the links below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

September Madhouse Recap: Mabon, Spooky Reads, and Fall Wellness

Hello friends and fiends– Thanks for reading Stephanie’s Substack! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work. We started S...