Sunday, November 10, 2013

HYSTERIA SCREAMS AT WYTOVICH

Patient: Stephanie M. Wytovich
Illness: Madness
Treatment Round: 2

Something interesting happened two weeks ago.
Something chaotic.
Beautiful.
Insane.

It was Hysteria.
She went away for a little bit.
But now she's back.
And crazier than ever.

We've been working together on a new project--one that I'm really excited about--but she's different this time around. Last time when we walked through the asylum together, she explained to me what was going on, introduced me to patients, and told me their stories. She was patient, she listened, she let me ask questions. She held open the doors to solitary and helped me relax when the lights began to flicker. But this time...well, this time, she walks--no runs!-- forcing me to chase her, to challenge her, to find her. And sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. There are no lights, no moments of peace. This time it's just energy. Pure, pulsing, electric energy.

So get ready for the shock treatment...

Because I' going to tell you a secret.
This time around,
We're turning the asylum inside out.

So sit patiently in your cells
and trust that we're working,
creating,
instigating.

And in the meantime:
Here's a music video by the band In This Moment, called Adrenalize.
A reader showed it to me the other day (Thank you, Michelle!) and it suits my muse well.
Hysteria loved it.
In fact, she's still screaming about it,


No comments:

Post a Comment

September Madhouse Recap: Mabon, Spooky Reads, and Fall Wellness

Hello friends and fiends– Thanks for reading Stephanie’s Substack! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work. We started S...