Friday, April 3, 2015

AN EXORCISM OF LUST: Poetry for the Damned

AN EXORCISM OF LUST
by Stephanie M. Wytovich
 
We were in the car
You put on “Come with Me Now” by the KONGOS
I laughed
This was my song
And you were the one who introduced me to it
All those weeks ago
Before I hid
Before you ran away
You handed me the whiskey bottle
I drank and drove down country roads
We sang
We danced
We pulled over
I came with you
You came with me
Now
Then
Always
The KONGOS continued to play
We looked at the sky
Threw up our hands
Screamed
Screamed loud
Screamed together
And that was the first time I felt love
Naked in the woods
My gypsy soul exposed
You, standing there
Holding my heart
Between your teeth
Bleeding
Broken
And dead
But happier than ever before

No comments:

Post a Comment

September Madhouse Recap: Mabon, Spooky Reads, and Fall Wellness

Hello friends and fiends– Thanks for reading Stephanie’s Substack! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work. We started S...